Thank you for your interest in the Montessori School of McLean!
- December 1, 2016 was the application deadline for Pre-Primary (toddler ages 24-36 months) applicants. That class is full with a 10-person wait-pool. We are no longer accepting any applications for the Pre-Primary class wait-pool; and
- February 1, 2017 was the application deadline for Primary (ages 3-6) and Elementary (ages 6-12 transferring from other Montessori schools) applicants.
We do have a few morning-only openings in our Primary (pre-school ages 3 by September 30 to age 6 and potty-trained). We do have a few openings in our Elementary classes for students transferring from other Montessori schools.
If you have a child who is age-eligible for one of our classes with an opening, please contact the Director of Admission, Leslie Montague at LMontague@mcleanmontessori.org to schedule a walk through the school and classroom observation.
We look forward to sharing our school with you!
Pre-Primary (Toddler) enrollment (ages 24-36 months) is open to children who are 24-36 months on the first day of school, September 10. Toilet training is not required for this level.
Primary enrollment (ages 2.9-6) is open to children age 3 by September 30 of their incoming year who are toilet trained and using the bathroom independently. We usually do not accept children over age 4 unless they have previous Montessori experience, but exceptions are sometimes made. To attend full-day primary, the child must be five years of age, have had at least a full year of Montessori education, and be recommended by the teacher. We do offer a limited Extended Day (until 3:30) and Aftercare (until 5:30) program to new students for children ages 24 months through kindergarten on a space-available basis.
Elementary enrollment (ages 6-12) is open to children at least 5 3/4 years old who have had at least two years of Montessori primary education and possess the following skills:
- Can read phonetic stories fluently
- Know some phonograms and sight words
- Have been introduced to the base 10 number system through the golden beads
The Montessori School of McLean admits students of any race, religion, sex, color, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and other administered programs.