Goals and Philosophy
At MSM, our general objectives of the program at all levels are to:
- nurture self-confidence, independence, concentration, coordination, a sense of order, and an awareness of self, community and the world.
- encourage and direct the natural desire to learn, choose and solve.
- cultivate an enduring love of learning.
- provide a carefully prepared environment and personnel to support learning as it moves from the concrete base to greater abstraction.
- have a positive effect on the world through the education of well-rounded students.
Student Learner Outcomes
Through these objectives, Montessori students become:
- moral beings
- confident, competent learners
- intrinsically motivated
- academically prepared
- socially responsible
- free within limits
- spiritually aware
- able to handle external authority
- citizens of the world
- stewards of the earth
Source: Nancy M. Rambush and John A. Stoops, The Authentic American Montessori School